Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Awesome 3rd Appointment!

So the third appointment with the midwife went awesome! Well, except for the fact that she couldn't find a vein to draw blood since I was slightly dehydrated (but she stopped at three sticks).

She checked the heartbeat and said it was in the 140s. Found it right away. She just put the thing on my stomach, turned the machine on and there was the heartbeat. Then she moved it around a bit and when she moved it back I felt what felt like a gas bubble but it had a bit more force to it and on the machine we heard a thump. The midwife said, "Oh! There's a kick." So I felt my baby kick today!!! This is the first time! Well it could be the umpteenth time but this is the first time I knew what it was! XD

And then at the end she filled out a form and faxed it off to the imaging place in town and said they'd call me and I could schedule my gender scan for some time in the next 2 or 3 weeks! Yay! Then, as I was at the bank about 10 minutes later, I get a call and they ask if tomorrow is good for me. I made sure they understood what the scan was for and they said yeah. So my gender scan is for tomorrow at 6pm!!!! *squee* ^_^

An exciting day most definitely!

No comments:

Post a Comment