Saturday, October 1, 2011

Something Interesting and Something Annoying

Well as of today I have 5 weeks (35 days) to go until my due date. Crazy! I can't believe how fast time has gone.

So the interesting thing is...wait lol, I suddenly really want Pizza Hut -_-' Yeah this is what happens to me. And no, this isn't the interesting thing. It's like my nose has gone haywire all pregnancy. I'll suddenly get a whiff of something and it'll smell like some really delicious food. Right now I'm smelling the scent of the crust on a Pizza Hut pizza. It's not fun. I have no money to go and get even a $4.48 personal pan and there's no way I can get my mom to give me the money to go get it. *sigh*

Okay, back to the interesting thing. And this will help any of you pregnant women who may stumble across this blog who have been experiencing the same thing and are wondering what the hell it is.

About once a day, when the baby is moving around, I'll hear what sounds like knuckles cracking. But the sound is so soft it's more like when you curl your toes and a joint in your big toe cracks. It's just a little click noise coming from my tummy. It's uncommon apparently, but still common enough. Though it's not common enough for medical people to really try and figure out what it is. They just take an educated guess.

Based on the way it sounds and that it happens when the baby is moving, they say it's most likely just the baby's joints clicking. I mean, it sounds like knuckles cracking, and it only happens when the baby moves, so it makes sense. The good thing is that it's perfectly harmless, whatever it is. So if you've been hearing clicks and cracks from your little one, don't worry.

And the annoying thing? The fact that after some hours of lying in bed trying to get some decent sleep, there's a spot between the bottom of my tummy and the top of the pubic bone that freaking hurts! No position can fix it. The only way to fix it is to actually stop trying to sleep. I have to get up and move around for it to stop. Then I can go back to the bed and sit up in it on the computer and I'm fine. I'm thinking part of the pain comes from just the way the baby has settled in the night and the moving around gets the little one out of the way.

Normally it only starts to happen after abut 8 hour in bed. But not today. Just over 5 hours and it came on full force. I tried to ignore it but it just got worse until I felt that a knife to that spot would hurt much less. I haven't thought about a knife to that spot since January when I had my last period. That was the worst period I've ever experienced. I needed vicodin to take the pain away. Normally my cramps are uncomfortable, but they're never excruciating. Those were. I remember saying something like, "If these hurt, and being in labor hurts worse, I don't know how I'll deal when I have a child." And lo and behold just two weeks later I conceive. I swear January was full of premonitions about my having a child.

No comments:

Post a Comment