Monday, October 24, 2011

Some Stuff

So Friday I noticed the baby has dropped. And it seems like once that happened stuff just started happening.

On Saturday I was in town with a friend. I didn't do much walking but what little I did was difficult because of the pain just below my stomach but above my pubic bone. I couldn't stand up straight or else it would hurt more. When I got home I noticed some blood, just enough to tinge the tissue a bit. But it was like that every time I went to the bathroom for a few hours. And then there were the two Braxton Hicks contractions I had that day. That makes three that I know of.

Sunday everything seemed fine, didn't have any pain or bleeding or contractions.

And I was pretty tired last night so I went to bed around 11:55pm. I woke up a few times and I could have gotten up but I felt just tired enough to roll over and go back to sleep.

Annoying part about sleeping, though, was the dreams. I've had a few dreams this pregnancy that have annoyed me. Last night had about three though I can only remember two.

One had me talking to my mom who was sitting on the couch and I showed her something on her computer. Since I was so close she leaned back a bit and managed to grab the right side of my belly and my right side between her shoulder and head and she started squeezing. It was uncomfortable at first and then just became painful. The feeling kind of like something heavy is sitting on your chest and slowly bearing down. I was yelling at her to stop when I finally woke up and I believe I'd been holding my breath. My belly felt odd so I might've been having a contraction, which could have been what prompted my mom squeezing my belly and side in the first place in the dream.

The other one I remember I was in a car, can't remember if I was driving or a passenger, but there was suddenly a kid in the road in front of us. We were going through a parking lot so we were going very fast but the brakes were applied quickly and it set off the adrenaline in me which caused me to wake up with a spasm in my tummy. That was the last one because I was getting tired of waking up feeling my stomach tighten because of the adrenaline released because of the dreams I was having. By that time it was just past 5am.

When I went to the bathroom then I noticed a bit of blood. Some ask me if it might be the whole bloody show but I don't think it is. That's usually the mucus plug and from the pictures I've seen, there's no way it's that. The closest thing I could find that fit (cause the other stuff was all for horrible things that also came with other symptoms) was that blood vessels break as the uterus contracts and the cervix dilates, causing some blood to appear. And since it seems I am having this bleeding shortly after my stomach has tightened for one reason or another, I'm thinking that's what's going on.

Now, at my last appointment, I declined getting a cervical check again until I'm at the hospital in labor. It just hurt too much to have to deal with it again before absolutely necessary. But I'm thinking I'm going to have the NMW check this Thursday at my 38 week appointment. Just to see if there've been any changes. If there has, then I won't get checked again until at the hospital because then I'll know what's causing the bleeding. I'm not looking forward to it, but I think it has to be done.

And now for some fun stuff! Yesterday and today the baby has taken to hanging out on my left side. Since then I've been able to feel its feet, at least one at a time, pressing against my right side. I never really had this when the baby was on my right. But it's so cute! XD I'll feel the foot against my side and put my hand there and I can make out the heel. It's so tiny! I can't wait to get to hold my little one. After being well acquainted with baby's little rear as it's shoved up into my ribs before the baby dropped, I'm going to be so silly having giggle fits when I get to see that little rump and pat it directly lol. And now that I've been able to feel the foot I can't wait to touch it for real.

Only 12 more days until my due date!

No comments:

Post a Comment