Sunday, September 25, 2011

Wiggle Worm

While I do love feeling my little one move around, there are times when I just want to jab my stomach to make it stop.

They're few and far between, but they still happen. One such time was yesterday. I was trying to get a nap in (thanks to lower back pain that's not able to be ignored in the morning I don't get enough sleep) and it was going pretty well. The day before I'd tried to take a nap but the pain in my lower back started as soon as I laid down and wouldn't quit. So yesterday's nap was nice. I woke up a little because I'd rolled over and this caused the baby to wake up, too. So while I was drifting back into sleep, the baby was busy moving around. The moving around makes me smile and so I was nicely dozing back off while feeling little thumps and rolls in my tummy.

Then, just as I was slipping into a dream, baby decides it wants to stretch quickly. So it pushes against the front of my stomach, causing me so much pain my eyes snap open and I gasp. It was all over in a matter of seconds and it felt like just a dream after that but it happened and it freaking hurt!

After that, the next time I wanted to poke the baby so it would quit was last night as I was laying down for bed. I was in the middle of saying my nightly prayers and being on my side always wakes the baby up after I've been sitting for a while, so it began wiggling away.

At some point during the day the baby managed to change to my left side. Most of the time it loves being on my right, with its hands and feet on my left. But as I was lying there I could feel a big mass as the bed pushed against my tummy on my left side so I knew the baby had moved.

Well while the baby was moving around, I guess it wanted to go back to my right side because it began pushing with its feet against my right side and its back would push and slide against my left causing a very weird feeling that almost hurt. It was super uncomfortable.

I had to stop my prayers to rub my stomach, hoping that would get the baby to stop for a bit, but it didn't. As soon as I was back to saying my prayers the little one started trying to make its way back to my right side. Luckily I was almost done and when I finished the baby decided to try one more time to get over and I couldn't help myself I had to laugh. It was funny and annoying all at the same time.

I rolled over to fall asleep on my right side (normally I start on my left until I'm relaxed enough and then I roll over and sleep) so that gravity would help my baby get to where it wanted to be. It didn't take long and it didn't hurt. So now the baby's happily back on it's favorite side, sticking it's little butt into my ribs, haha.

I love it when my baby moves around. It's so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment