Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Quick Update 10-17-12

I can't believe how long it's been since I last posted. Time just got away from me. I'm not going to write down everything because that would take too long. Just an update as to where William's at right now.

Well, he turned 11 months on the 12th and I can't believe it. Hard to believe that last year at this time I was big and pregnant with him and wondering if he'd come early. He's grown some more so now he doesn't really fit his 9 month feetie pjs. I mostly just leave him in whatever onesie I put him in that morning. He's gotten the hang of signing "more" even though he doesn't do it all the time. Mostly he just nods when he wants more, not sure how that happened, but at least I know what he's saying. He's even made a noise that sounded a lot like "more." He also makes noises that sound a lot like thank you and okay. I'd normally just shrug about things like that but he makes those noises when it's relevant so it's pretty odd. But I still say he hasn't said his first word yet. It's a toss up between mama, more, and hi. Which reminds me, he can also wave. He loves to wave.

He loves the game this is how the gentlemen ride. If you start singing it he'll come over and you can pull him into your lap and he'll sit and grab your thumbs like reigns. There's also a monkey dance my sister started with him where she just grabs each hand and raises his arms back and forth making monkey noises to a beat. If you say, "Monkey dance!" he comes over to do it.

Also, he can walk! He took his first steps three days before he turned 10 months. About two weeks before 11 months he had the hang of walking. I say it was due to the big spaces he had to run around in while we were in North Carolina on vacation. And of course now he's trying to run but that makes him fall over.

He's been eating mostly table food for a while now. He will still eat baby food but isn't really interested in it. He likes the rice and meat with veggies toddler meals that Gerber makes. Yesterday he chowed down on some cheesy ravioli. I was surprised because he didn't care for the veggie one and he doesn't really like pasta, but then again, the Gerber ravioli doesn't really have the same consistency as pasta.

At the end of August the daycare he was at gave me a two week notice. They were annoyed they weren't getting as much money for him being there as they wanted. They had him on a full-time enrollment even though he has NEVER been there full-time. They were just getting paid for the two days each week he was there. Apparently that's a big no-no what they did to me and I was told I could file a grievance but I didn't want to bother with that. I pulled him out the day they told me to find another place for him. Luckily my sister was off for a week (it was partly her idea to take him out right then, we were both livid) so she took care of him. It took a few days but I got a new daycare for him. What's ridiculous is that out of a huge list of daycares that daycare assistance gave me, only ten met the criteria I was looking for and out of those only one had any openings. And guess where that daycare is? Three houses down from the guy I was in a serious relationship with for four and a half years. It's very annoying that that's the only daycare that was available, but I really like this one. It's an in-home daycare so William can play with the older kids that are there. The woman has two little shi tzus and William loves them! He actually naps while there, unlike at the other place. And I've never once gone to pick him up and he's screaming and crying. He's always incredibly happy when I get him. The only problem is that I'm not sure he'll be there for years and years, if I'm in Alaska that long. It's just a daycare, it's not a preschool. I would like him to go to preschool. I know that a parent can teach their child anything they are taught in preschool but I barely have time to play with him let alone teaching him things. I mean, yeah I can easily teach him his alphabet and numbers and stuff while I play but I honestly barely have time to do that. I started college at the end of August and I'm going full-time while working part-time. In the mornings before work I'm pumping and then rushing to get some school work done. After work I go get him and come home and work on school work and then he goes to bed at 8pm. If I go to work a bit earlier and get off well before 5pm I go sit at a coffee shop and do my school work until 5pm then go get him and go home. My weekends are my only free days and that's IF I managed to get my work done on time but I usually don't so I'm also stuck doing work then.

Well, I'll leave it at that for now. Hopefully I can update more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment