Thursday, August 8, 2013

Total Male

William has learned the word no pretty well. He uses it fairly often, but I'd say not as much as I thought he would. of course I may be speaking too soon...or typing...or thinking- whatever, you get the point. I can usually counteract that no by firmly saying yes, or I can start counting. Oddly enough the very first time I did the counting to 3 thing he reacted. Not quite sure why, but I'm not complaining. It works about 98% of the time.

Anyway, one of the things he just loves to say no to is cars passing me on the highway while we're heading home. I find this absolutely hilarious because it's just such a male thing. Sure females get into that competitive thing but for the most part it's really not that big of a deal. Well today he of course was telling other cars no and I said to him, "Sorry, honey, but I'm not going to drive like a bat outta hell just so other cars won't pass us." After that he began giving me kissy faces and blowing me kisses.

Another thing he likes to say no to is adult men. Should he be next to me or I'm holding him and a man gets too close he firmly tells them no. Also, at Sam's Club with my mom he was charming all the ladies by telling them hi but the first man they passed he yelled out no and shook his finger at him. Ah, William, he truly is the little protector (William means protector, in case you didn't know...or according to some sites, resolute protector, either way). And while it's cute, I do wonder how that behavior is going to evolve. While I'd be touched he'd be so protective of me, it can also mean a lot of bad. Like he would feel no one would be good enough for me and I'd be doomed to keep picking my son over a man who is actually a very good guy.

There's not much I can do about it, though. While he loves his Uncle and seems to really like my mother's husband and he loves my dad, he's only around two of them and doesn't have any other male interaction. I know you could say that's my fault, but if you met his father you'd understand why I've cut contact with him. I don't exactly have male friends. I don't really have many female friends either. So yeah, for right now I can't really do anything. I am thinking about getting him into the Big Brother program when he's old enough if I'm still single by then because I really want him to have a male role model.

Until then I'll just enjoy my competitive, over-protective little man.

No comments:

Post a Comment